If you have purchased one of our Trade Direct electric heated towel rails, you will have also received an accompanying fluid pack. This solution needs to be poured into your electric towel rail before you switch it on, as it is this solution that gets hot and causes your rail to give off heat.
We recommend that you allow a qualified professional to deal with this task, however, if you are planning you add the solution yourself, this guide will take you through how to do it correctly and safely.
- With your Trade Direct electric heated towel rail, we provide a 250ml bottle of fluid, a funnel and a blanking plug.
- The rails also come with everything you need to hang them. Please check these items are all with your order.
- Make sure the area you are working in is completely dry. Water coming into contact with electricity is very dangerous.
- The BS spur outlet must be positioned so that it is not possible to touch when using a tap, shower or bath. If you are not sure what this means, do not continue and please call in a professional.
- The electric element is provided separately with all of our Trade Direct electric towel rails and this must be fitted to the bottom of the rail before it is mounted on the wall or on the side, in the case of the Trade Direct traditional heated towel rails.
- Take the blanking plug and screw it into the opposite side to where the element will be fitted.
- Shake up the bottle of fluid and pour it into the top of the rail using the provided funnel. Once all the fluid has been poured in, pour in water until about an inch from the top of the towel rail. This will allow the solution to expand when it gets hot.
- Insert the element and tighten with a 22mm spanner.
- Position and install the towel rail into the correct position.
- Connect the element to the mains power using a BS IE Spur socket.
- Switch the socket on and when the heated towel rail reaches its operating temperature, bleed any excess air using the air vent.
Electric heated towel rails at TradeRadiators.com
We know that the last thing you’d want to do when redecorating a space is having to get your floors lifted and new pipework carried out just to have one or two radiators piped into your existing central heating setup.
At Trade Radiators, we can help you avoid such headaches with our range of electric heated towel rails. With over 650 different makes and models to choose from and select towel rails starting at super low prices, you’ll soon find the ideal electrical rail in the finish you want.